Mankind’s first foray into the cosmos will be celebrated in Northern Ireland this year by the iconic Armagh Observatory and Planetarium who are running a special festival event programme to mark this major event in human history.
Armagh City, Banbridge and Craigavon Borough Council have partnered with the Armagh Observatory and Planetarium to bring you a special space cinema event at the Johnston Building, Shambles Yard Armagh.
To celebrate Neil Armstrong’s One Giant Leap, we will be showing the award winning 2018 movie ‘First Man’.
Ryan Gosling stars in the riveting story behind the first manned mission to the moon, focusing on Neil Armstrong and the decade leading to the historic Apollo 11 flight. A visceral and intimate account told from Armstrong's perspective, based on the book by James R. Hansen, the film explores the triumphs and the cost—on Armstrong, his family, his colleagues and the nation itself—of one of the most dangerous missions in history.
- Tickets are free of charge but must be obtained via the link
- Movie length is 2 hours and 20 minutes
- The movie is classified rated 12 (infrequent strong language) and guests under this age will not be permitted entry
- Snacks and refreshments will be available to purchase onsite.
- Guests are encourage to bring own snacks and refreshments which can be enjoyed during the movie.
- No alcohol will be permitted on the premises. Anyone found consuming alcohol will be asked to leave.
- This will be an indoor event and seating will be provided. Guests are free to bring cushions/blankets if they wish.