The Royal Irish Fusiliers Museum covers the history of five regiments, all of which were raised in 1793. The Royal Irish Fusiliers served for almost 200 years and are known as ‘Faughs’ from their battle cry “Faugh-a-Ballagh” The museum holds both Victoria Crosses won by the Regiment which were awarded posthumously .
The innovative displays in the Royal Irish Fusiliers Museum offer a fresh approach to the interpretation of Irish military history. The timeline, with its events from Armagh, Ireland and the world, puts regimental events into context. The Eagle Takers Gallery won the Best Exhibition in Ireland in 2003. On display are also the two Victoria Crosses won by the Regiment.
The museum features a large model capture of the Imperial French Eagle at the Battle of Barrosa 1811. Military artefacts from the Armagh, Cavan and Monaghan militias are all on display.