10_Windsor Chair ARMCM.57.1966_005

This chair formerly belonged to Simon Reilly of Drummond in Grange Parish, the family tradition is that this is the chair in which John Wesley sat when he preached in the kitchen at Drummond (see footnote to the entry in The Journal of the Rev. John Wesley, M.A., edited by N. Curnock, Vol.VI, p.511, 16 June 1789). Given by M. M. Hutton, a great grand-daughter of Simon Reilly, to the donor.