Immerse yourself in life as a Celt, as you meet our Iron Age warriors. This family-oriented tour provides the opportunity to become a central part of the clan!
· Transform into a Celtic Warrior, as you have your face painted and wear one of our authentic costumes.
· Enjoy storytelling around the fire, as the bard tells the tales of the great heroes associated with the Navan Fort (Emain Macha), such as CuChulainn and the Red Branch Warriors.
· Discover the skills required to succeed in battle – try your hand at throwing a spear and hitting the target & determine the most suitable weaponry to use, such as slings, swords, spears and shields!
· Learn the art of ancient Celtic writing as you spell out your clan name using Ogham.
· Find out more about daily life 2000 years ago as you learn of cooking, hunting, trade, agriculture and the gods of the time.
This experience lasts approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes and is guided by our living history characters, based around our Iron Age dwelling. Guests are welcome to walk to the Navan Fort after their living history tour.
TICKETS CANNOT BE EXCHANGED OR REFUNDED Once purchased, your ticket is your property. Navan Centre & Fort cannot refund its value to you, nor exchange it for any other ticket under any circumstances. Where an event/tour goes ahead, we accept no responsibility for tickets that are unable to be used due to circumstances outside of our control, for example bad weather and transport difficulties.
Should you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope you enjoy your visit and if you are on social media, please feel free to share any memories of your experience using #navancentrefort