The 24th William Kennedy Piping Festival takes place from 16-19 November in various locations across Armagh city centre.
Highlights for 2017 include:
· Sounds And Tastes Of France. A musical and gastronomic tour through the French regions with performers Patrick Molard (Brittany), Philippe Prieur, Frédéric Paris & Friends (Berry), Michel Esbelin and Tiennet Simonnin (Auvergne), Julien Cartonnet (Morvan), Arnaud Bibonne (Gascogne)
· Spraoi san Óstán. Six hours of music on multiple stages in Armagh City Hotel. Performers include Danu Ulaid with Muireann Nic Amhlaoibh Nuallan (Cape Breton) Eoin O’ Riabhaigh, Matt Cranitch & Aidan Coffey Banda Gaitas El Trasno (Asturias) Laoise Kelly & Tiarnán O’ Duinnchinn Caoimhin O’ Fearghail Michel Esbelin and Tiennet Simonnin (France) Mountain House (Joe McKenna, Paul Bradley, Ger Fitzgerald & Yvon Riou) Philippe Prieur Trio (France) Sean Lynch & Michael Lavelle Meabh & Tiernan Smyth Sibeal Davitt Seosamh O’ Neachtain Beira (Scotland) Lynette Fay and Dónall Mac Ruairí (MCs)
· The Quiet Tree & The Creatures Of Whistleberry Forest. A magical performance for under 7s
· ‘Pipe Club’ Pushing The Boundaries With Pipes Performers include Jarlath Henderson and the Mark Lettieri Trio (Ireland/USA) Patrick Molard & Alan Genty (Brittany)
· Uilleann Pipes Concert. Close encounters with uilleann pipes. Performers include Mikie Smyth, Brian McNamara, Joe McKenna, Robbie Hannan and Aoife Smyth
· Banda Gaitas El Trasno – A 25-member pipe band from Asturias in north-western Spain perform a special free concert on the steps of the Market Place Theatre
· Musical Footsteps – A unique performance exploring the musical heritage of past and present members of Armagh Pipers Club.
Full programme and booking details available here.