Facilities at Navan include:
- A condensed exhibition looking at the background of Navan in a local and national context.
- Audio visual show bringing the myths & legends of the Ulster Cycle to life.
- Outstanding Archaeology Discovery Room where archaeology is brought alive to understand the history of Navan.
- A site self-guided map for your visit to Navan Fort, or weather permitting, a fully guided tour to the site.
Great fun for the kids includes:
- Dressing up in Celtic costumes to experience life as a Celt
- Bringing archaeology to life by digging in the archeo-pit to uncover bones, coins or maybe even teeth
- Completing the Navan Ecology Trail to get a prize at the end
- Enjoying the Archaeology Discovery Room and playing in the outdoor activity area on the massive Wolfhound play piece.
[Activities are available daily from April to September, and all are included in your admission fee]
The ecology trail has interactive activities that will bring the environmental aspects and the conservation work at Navan to life. There is a bug hotel, living willow structure, listening posts, bird boxes, and viewing hide. This is your chance to get up close to the natural environment.
Learn more about other residents at Navan in the hidden crevices of the walls or under the hedges & stones! Through this project, families can reconnect with nature, learn about the environment and most importantly, have fun. The walk to the Navan Mound has been greatly enhanced with information panels and bronze cast artwork that show the great site in a new dimension. Navan has always been a tranquil and intriguing place for walkers, a place of myth and legend. On your return to the Centre take a seat on one of our beautifully carved benches to view the lovely rich landscape where each tree tells its own tale about local ecology and traditional culture.