Uluru Bar & Grill Head Chef is Mark McGonigle, a man who simply loves cooking and preparing great tasting food. Their team of chefs work hard in the kitchen and the overall food and drink experience is complimented by a fantastic front of house team. Their team makes sure the best food is put in front of their customers, preparing locally sourced ingredients and serving up the tastiest plates.
Mark, who is from Armagh, has been cooking great food at Uluru since it first opened over 12 years ago. During this time, Mark has been whetting the appetites of people who travel far and wide to come and sample from Uluru’s delicious menu.
Mark is a great believer in a chef making a great kitchen even greater so that’s pretty much where he spends most of his time. He acknowledges a team effort with all the chefs collaborating to create culinary masterpieces and this is reflected in the prestigious awards received:
The Food Heartland Awards 2016
- Best Licensed Eating Establishment Awards – Highly Commended Finalist
- Best Dish Using Local Ingredients Award – Commended Finalist
- Best Use Of A PGI Product In A Dish Award – Commended Finalist
- Rising Chef Award
IFEX 2016 Salon Culinaire
Christopher Black – Student Culinarian of the Year – Gold (First In Class)
Andrew Aston – Young Seafood Chef of the Year – Silver (First In Class)Wayne Elliott – NI Young Chef of the Year – Silver (First In Class)
Restaurant Association Ireland
- Best Restaurant in County Armagh 2016
- Best Wine Experience in County Armagh 2016
- Best Wine Experience in County Armagh 2015
- Best Casual Dining Restaurant 2015
- Uluru Bar & Grill recommended in the Michelin Guide 2015
The McKenna’s Guide
- Recommended by The McKenna’s Guide as being in the Best Restaurants in Ireland category 2015.
The Waitrose Good Food Guide
- Uluru Bar & Grill is recommended in the 2015 Waitrose Good Food Guide