ARCHAEOLOGY, HISTORY & FOLKLORE. The museum holds a large quantity of material about the folklore and prehistory of the area. From fairy thorns trees and ghost stories, to ancient sites and monuments these resources offer a glimpse into a world long gone.
The five surviving notebooks of the South Armagh Ramblers Group, founded by TGF Paterson in 1928 are a gold mine of information. With over 500 pages richly illustrated with photographs and drawings they chronicle dozens of club excursions that explored hundreds of places of interest far beyond the bounds of South Armagh.